Busy day? Cold outside? Relax and warm up with this very simple, quick and easy chili recipe. You'll have it on the table within 30 minutes.
Perfect to celebrate National Chili Day, February 23rd. Enjoy!
Susan's Quick, Easy Chili Recipe
1 pound lean ground beef
half of an onion, chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
1 family-sized can of condensed tomato soup
1 can pinto beans or kidney beans
Brown the ground beef and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to break up the meat. Cook until the beef is nice and brown and the onions are transluscent. Stir in the chili powder, then add the tomato soup and stir well. Add the can of beans (rinse and drain if you want; I usually don't). If the chili seems too thick after a few minutes, add just a bit of water. (I usually add about a quarter-cup of water to the soup can to get out every bit of soup, and that's plenty of water.)
Simmer chili for 10 minutes or as long as you want, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Makes about six generous servings.
- Serve chili as is with cornbread, corn muffins, or crackers on the side.
- Dish chili out over rice to stretch it for a crowd or to make it even more filling.
- Heat up leftover chili to top a cheese omelet. Delicious!
- Top with a dollop of sour cream or shredded cheese if you want to get fancy.
- Accompany the hot chili with a cool bowl of peaches or pears.
- We like our chili "mild," but some like it "hot." Choose the type of chili powder that suits your taste buds best.
So, tell me. How do you like your chili?